Modern Standard Arabic courses (MSA)
Ahlan World offers Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) courses across 8 levels, from absolute beginner to advanced. MSA is the standard Arabic that forms the basis of all Arabic dialects across the Arab world. With MSA, students are given the starting point to begin their own individual Arabic language journey by learning about the foundation stones of Arabic, from which they can dive into their chosen dialect. The Ahlan World Modern Standard Arabic course provides students at every level with a comprehensive study of the beautiful and poetic features of Arabic along with its formulaic sentence structure, expressive vocabulary and artistic script. It is often said that language is a reflection of culture and while generalizations of language and nationality can be tenuous in their value, MSA speaks to the dramatic and vibrant heart of the Arab world.
- Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) – 15 hours a week, course taught by trained, professional instructors. Class sizes from 2 to 8 students depending on demand.
- Intensive Modern Standard Arabic – 25 hours a week, all year-round. The Intensive Modern Standard Arabic course combines basic Modern Standard Arabic course with two more hours daily of language activities, linguistic games and guided conversation. This course is not available for absolute beginners. Class sizes from 2 to 8 students depending on demand.
- Exam preparation-advanced studies – Specifically tailored course MSA course for students who wish to prepare for upcoming exams. The course can be designed to practice a wide variety of subjects such as literature, history or linguistics.
- One-to-one classes – all year-round, flexible to student’s schedule. Packages available here.
- One-to-one Skype classes – all year-round, very flexible in time and days. Packages available here.
- strong>One-year course (MSA + JCA) – A special 2-semester course (32 weeks) to dedicate yourself completely to improving your Arabic skills. From October 2016.
- All the instructors are native Arabic speakers, passionate teachers and knowledgeable in their fields. Each teacher has passed our rigerious teaching standards.
For residents of the selected cities Ahlan World operates within, Ahlan schools offer bespoke part-time language courses that can be studied simultaneously to full-time employment. Resident group courses are often taught in the evenings, from 18:00 to 20:00 twice a week, but individual private classes can also be tailored specifically to each student’s needs, for example by organising classes over the student’s lunch break or between 8:00 and 9:00 before the working day has begun. Ahlan World offers both MSA and Colloquial Arabic to students.
Resident courses offer a wide array of benefits to its students, but the most notable is the dynamic nature of the language tuition offered by Ahlan World teachers. Courses are flexible and will respond to the exact needs of each student rather than following a singular, rigid path to language development. Language acquisition must follow an individual journey for each student, whether that be a more structured, grammatically based approach or a top-down vocabulary and phrase-based learning approach. Resident classes offer the opportunity and support for busy students to achieve their language aims by remaining primarily attentive to the language talents and challenges every student encounters.
Media Course See more
Media Taster: Perfect for students enrolling in MSA classes but wish to add a new angle to their language learning. Media Classes: The higher level media course is based on the knowledge of the Media Taster course and increases the knowledge of the students.
Ahlan World offers Arabic courses in Amman (Jordan), Alexandria, Cairo and Luxor (Egypt) and Rabat (Morocco), with highly qualified teachers. Enjoy cultural activities that offer the opportunity to practice Arabic with native speakers, and meet local people on our weekend trips and make friends in our Language Exchanges.